1. Using a 3/4-inch diameter ball of fondant, mold a cone base approximately 1-1/2-inch high.
2. Roll a 3/8-inch diameter ball of fondant.
3. Flatten this ball into a circular petal about 1/4 inch thick on bottom and thin on the top. Make about the diameter of a nickel. Make several petals this size.
4. Wrap first petal around the point of the cone to form a bud.
5. Press three more petals around the base of the bud. Gently curl edges of petals.
6. Make five more petals using slightly larger balls of fondant. Flatten, then thin edge with finger and shape petals. Press petals under first row of petals. Continue, placing petals in between and slightly lower than previous row.
Found at Wilton.com